When You Need Someone To Tell You The Truth


This next 3 weeks, we will discuss on how to Break Down The Barriers of Life with the emphasis on relationships and how others can help us move through life further faster.  

Today's story reminds us that God uses Spiritual Leaders in our lives to do good.  They may have to speak stern words but all in all, they mean well.  Spiritual Leaders hold themselves in greater accountability than anyone else.  

In this story, we saw three things that Prophet Samuel did to King Saul.   

  1. Samuel calls Saul To Be King (1 Sam. 9:15-17; 10:20-24)
  2. Samuel calls out Saul's Impatience (1 Sam. 13:7-14)
  3. Samuel calls out Saul's Rebellion to God (1 Sam. 15:10-15; 20-23)
These are the five principles we learn on what Spiritual Leaders do in our lives.
  1. Spiritual leaders see potential that none others see.
  2. Spiritual leaders invests until they see a return.
  3. Spiritual leaders expose imperfections
  4. Spiritual leaders exercise discernment
  5. Spiritual leaders correct rebellion
Here are a few questions you can ask to help determine more about how this lesson applies to you. 
  1. What is the significance of a spiritual leader in the life of King Saul?
  2. How would my life improve when I have a "confidant" or a "mentor" I can spend time with?
  3. Spiritual leaders come in different shapes and sizes.   What do I need to improve on so God can use me effectively to help others?
Our Prayer This Week:  Our Father, you are our great Spiritual Leader.  Help us to discern who the people are you have given in our lives to help me, lead me and challenge me.   Give me a spirit of submission.  This week, help me to look at what you want me to improve so that I can effectively help others as well.  Thank you for your Son, Jesus, who guides and help me and with the power of your Holy Spirit, help me guide someone this week to be closer to you.  In Jesus Name. Amen.    
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live It Out! More of God's Word 1.0

Live It Out! Service 1.0